Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Seaside Inspiration: Half Moon Bay

A beautiful warm sunset in the Bay
I went to the seaside this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. It was a beautiful, warm weekend considering it is the middle of winter, and we went to Half Moon Bay. 
There was plenty of beautiful inspiration there, as well as some mystery… 

If I had a boat/ship, a mermaid would certainly
be my nautical figurehead!
 Always on the lookout for mermaids, this one was quite unexpected! 
But mermaids are often full of surprises and mystery..


A lovely moon at midnight
☾♥︎ How perfect it was to see a half moon while in Half Moon Bay! ☾♥︎

A vintage Zoltar fortune teller in a little shop. When you put a dollar
in the slot, he moves and speaks to you, usually just words of wisdom,
then a little fortune teller card pops out of the slot with your fortune on it!
I was lucky enough to find a vintage Zoltar Fortune Teller, and I couldn’t wait to get my birthday fortune. Although Esmerelda is my favorite Fortune Teller, I do love Zoltar too! The fortunes I collect are the inspiration for my gypsy fortune teller cards. (I actually took a video of Zoltar talking and telling me my-he moves and talks when you put a dollar in-but the video would not upload ):, so here is just a screen shot of him!)
(https://www.etsy.com/listing/124517740/gypsy-fortune-teller-cards-mystery?)



I never get tired of looking at the sea



Tea Time Treats from the Moonside Bakery. I loved the crescent moon cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Courtney McNeil began studying painting and illustration in 1985 in London, England. Not one to stay in one place very long she continued perfecting her love of the arts while traveling the world studying painting and illustration in Europe, Hawaii, California, and Australia and eventually graduated cum laude with a BA in illustration and continued on to do her graduate work at the Royal College of Art in London, England.  A few years later she added to her creative interests and studied letterpress and bookmaking at the Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles. After receiving her undergraduate degree she began work at the Getty Museum in Malibu for almost a decade which allowed her to study and work among some of the most famous classic works of art in the world from Vincent Van Gogh to Manet. Teaching in the galleries of the Getty started her career in Art Education. She has been teaching painting and drawing to young artists and adults at the Davis Arts Center since 2006.